As 2011 comes to a close, this is the time when people start to reflect on the year that was. A lot of times this reflection comes with thanks to those who helped you along throughout the year.
The Team Up Foundation has had an amazing year, and although we like to say thank you all year round, I’d like to use this time for a special THANK YOU shout out to all the MLSE staff that have taken the time over the past year to give back to us. With everything going on at ACC, Ricoh, BMO Field, Real Sports, e11even and over at 307 Broadcast & Content, everyone’s schedules are already packed to the hilt. But employees were (and still are) carving out time in their busy lives to help us achieve our mission of giving back to communities and the youth within them through sports and recreation.
The list of people who help us is long. They represent departments from across our entire company. And the way they help varies. Some are getting their hands (and clothing) dirty at our builds, others act as the smiling mystery puck ambassadors at Leafs games, while others are quiet supporters through our Employee Giving program. We also have some staff members who go the extra step and create their own fundraisers that they host in the office and engage other staff members to get involved with.
- Lindsay, Lise and Annie from the Marketing Department host the annual St. Patty’s Day dodgeball tournament which brings out the seriously competitive side of every employee and department in the company (bragging rights are a big deal here)
- Pete from the People Department puts his heart and creative soul into Rockstar (MLSE’s version of American Idol)
- Ranbir from the Finance Department and Frank from Building Ops created a ball
hockey tournament on the floor of the ACC (for employees to compete for more bragging rights)
- Marta from Real Sports Bar & Grill cooks up perogies in our cafeteria (and they are de-lish!)
- Kelly from MLSE Live has held book fairs and bake sales
This is just a small sample … as I mentioned before, the list of supporters within the walls of MLSE is long.
As we roll into 2012, I look forward to continually thanking everyone at MLSE, as well as all of the supporters we have gained outside of MLSE, for supporting our work. But to wrap up 2011, I’m going to steal some cheesy lines that my Executive Director uses (sorry Mike!) and “shout from the rooftops” my thanks to everyone who has engaged with the Foundation, and give a “virtual high five” to everyone who has given back to us!
Look forward to sharing with everyone in 2012! Happy New Year!
Alicia – MLSE Team Up Foundation